Monday, July 11, 2011

My Rite Aid Shopping Trip 7-11-11


After we left CVS this morning, we went to Rite Aid. I went to a different Rite Aid than I normally do, just because it was closer to the park we walk and play at. I won't do that again! I am so familiar with "my" Rite Aid and I couldn't find anything in this one. I managed to get almost everything I wanted, but it took some doing! I started with $14.00 in +UP Rewards from last week - here's what I bought today:

(2) Old Spice Red Zone Deodorants (reg. price $4.49 each, on sale for $3.50 each - buy 2, get $2.00 +UP)
(2) Old Spice Body Washes (reg. price $4.99 each)
1 Reece Big Cup (reg. price $0.99)
1 small apple spice candle ($0.49)

Total before sale prices applied - $20.44

Total after sale prices - $18.46

I used the following coupons:

(1) $3.00 off any $15.00 purchase (from a store survey on last week's receipt)
(1) $1.00 off any two Old Spice products (P&G insert, 6/5)
(2) Buy one Old Spice deodorant, get an Old Spice Body Wash Free (P&G insert, 6/5)
$4.00 in +UP's from last week

Total after sale prices and coupons - $.48 + tax

I also earned $2.00 +UP's for this transaction, leaving me $12.00 +UP's to use toward a future purchase.

NOTE: I purchased the candy and the candle as filler items because the smallest +UP I had was $4.00 and my sub-total without those items would have only been $3.00 - Rite Aid will not reduce the value of the coupon like CVS will.

Also, for those of you who have made it this far and are curious, I did go yard selling on Saturday morning! I spent $15.00 on tons of kids clothes for my son, my daughter and my nephew. My best score was a brand new pair of New Balance tennis shoes for my nephew for only $2.00! These were brand new in the box with a price tag of $39.99 on them! Score!! We spent the rest of the day cleaning out my Dad's garage (his Father's Day present) and I forgot to take a picture of my loot - thus the reason I didn't do a whole blog post about it!

No comments: