Saturday, July 2, 2011

$97.65

What a fantastic day we had for yard selling! We scored some REALLY good deals, so let's get to it, shall we? First, I'll tell you what I bought that I didn't get pictures of:

$35.00 - A crib and mattress for my daughter to keep at my Mom's house. A is one of those babies who will not sleep anywhere but a bed. We've tried to put her in a Pack 'n Play at Mom's and she won't have it. So finding this was a great score - now Nana can keep Miss A during her nap time if need be! I figure for this price, we can use it until she outgrows it, then sell it and still get our money back.

$5.00 - Four huge boxes of school/home school curriculum. My husband and I are very seriously praying about home schooling our kiddos, and we happened upon the yard sale of a school teacher today! It was toward the end of the day and she was selling everything dirt cheap - so I scored a ton of great resources for only $5.00! Super happy! I can pick out what I want and sell the rest.

$0.25 - From said yard sale above, a non-working push mower. For twenty-five cents, who could pass that up? I can take it and scrap it for a lot more than that!


$25.00 - A king-size comforter set for my bed. Because I like variety and to change things out occasionally! This will (of course) need to be dry cleaned before use, but nice bedding is hard to come by at yard sales. I'll need to add a couple of more pillows, but that shouldn't be too hard given the neutral colors.

$2.75 - Three pairs of shorts and a pretty sweater (for me) and a 3T sweater dress for my daughter. I love, love, love plaid shorts, so finding these in my size was awesome!

$10.00 - A brand-new (still had the tag on it), fake Prada bag. The price tag on it said $110.00! I know it's fake, but still - it will make a great bag for my coupon binder! If you're gonna use coupons, do it in style!

$7.00 - Four pairs of jeans (one brand-new) and a shirt for my nephew. He's at that age where good clothes are hard to find at yard sales because they wear them out pretty fast, so I was very happy to find these for him.

$3.15 - A set of sand buckets for my son, two brand-new boxes of Christmas cards (why does anyone pay retail for these?), a plush Mickey Mouse toy, a brand-new tube of concealer and a sound machine/alarm clock - this will go up to my Mom's as well. Not only will Miss A only sleep in her bed, she must have a sound machine going at full blast as well.

$3.50 - Three brand-new candles (for me) and two wall hangings (for my Mom). Her entire back porch is done in a patriotic theme, so these will look great out there.

$5.00 - A Leap-Frog stand and play toy for my daughter. She's at the age where she loves to stand up and play, so this will be great for her because she can walk around and play with the different things.

$1.00 - Two metal outdoor Tonka-like trucks for my son. He loves to play outside, so I'm sure these will get a lot of use!

Told you we got a ton of really great deals! I spent a LOT more than we usually do, but given that more than half of what I spent was on the crib and the bedding, I am very pleased with my purchases!

What did you find today?

No comments: